Running out of steam? This time tested, non-constipating and well-known liquid iron and vitamin formula helps prevent iron deficiency.
Why does your body need iron? Because the body is constantly making new red blood cells through a complex process that requires a daily supply of iron. If the supply of iron is inadequate it will lead to a lack of oxygen and nutrients in the blood, and will consequently weaken the whole body.
Vibrant Health Begins with Iron-Rich Blood
Some of the symptoms of iron deficiency are:
- Fatigue and general lack of energy
- Decreased ability to concentrate
- Decreased endurance during exercise
- Increased frequency of infection
- Ridges along the fingernails
- Paleness and/or dark circles under the eyes
Are You Low In Iron?
Iron is one of the most commonly deficient nutrients in our diets, affecting as any as 4-5 billion people or 66-80% of the world's population, according to the World Health Organisation. The recommended daily intake of iron for women lies between 14 and 20 mg and while we can get some of the iron we need from food, the average consumption of dietary iron is only 6 mg per 1000 calories. This means that the majority of women are not getting enough dietary iron and may experience positive benefits by taking Floradix a unique liquid supplement, which was found in a recent study, to be faster and more effective at bringing iron stores back to normal than dietary iron.
Floradix: A Quality Iron Supplement
Floradix is a unique, liquid supplement, that has been formulated to be an excellent source of iron without the risk of excess iron storage. Floradix contains organic iron (II) from ferrous gluconate, vitamins B2, B6, B12 and C which contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and to normal energy-yielding metabolism. In addition, iron contributes to normal red blood cell formation, supported by vitamins B6 and B12, and haemo globin formation.
Safe, Useable Dosage
Due to the high absorbability of Floradix, the recommended dosage can be much lower than other iron supplements while still satisfying daily supplemental iron requirements. This kind of absorbability is created through the form of the supplement (liquid) and the form(s) of iron (gluconate and yeast).
Easy-To-Digest Liquid Solution
The average person's body will only dissolve and absorb 20% of most solid supplements and will eliminate the remaining 80% possibly causing side effects such as constipation, gas and bloating. Because Floradix is a liquid solution, it does not require dissolving, and can also make more contact with absorption sites therefore providing 98% absorption of the liquid itself.
Highly Absorbable Iron Compounds
Dietary iron is absorbed at an average rate of 10%, while the iron in most supplements is absorbed at rates between 2% and 10% depending on the forms of iron used. Floradix boasts the highest possible iron absorption rate of up to 25% through the use of iron gluconate and yeast. This means that Floradix Iron + Herbs is the best source of iron to help you prevent or recover from an iron deficiency.
- Iron (metallic) 0.5 - 2 %
- Ferrous lactate 6.0 - 10 %
- Ferrous carbonate 6.0 - 11 %
- Ferrous sulphate 12.0 - 16 %
- Ferrous chloride 12.0 - 20 %
- Ferrous gluconate 17.0 - 25 %
The Non-Constipating Iron
Due to the high absorption rate of Floradix, very little unabsorbed iron enters into the intestinal tract and therefore constipation is avoided. A highly soluble iron compound: combined with B vitamins & vitamin C, Floradix Formula provides a very high absorption rate.
Iron is needed daily in order for your body to grow and function and is required in varying amounts throughout the stages of your life. Research has also shown us that declining iron stores are responsible for numerous health concerns:
- Decreased fertility has been linked to low iron stores.
- Before and during pregnancy low iron can be responsible for improper placenta development and occurrences of pre-term and low birth weight babies.
- In infants and children low iron can cause inadequate production of red blood cells needed for growth.
- In toddlers and school-aged children iron deficiency can cause poor learning, memory and behavioural problems as well a developmental delays.
- From the ages of around 15 to 55 the cycle of menstruation, pregnancy & lactation increases the need for iron.
- In both men and women over 59 iron deficiency has become the most common deficiency due to the body's decreased ability to absorb nutrients.
- Athletes and those who exercise regularly lose iron through sweat & the digestive tract, putting them at risk for deficiency and decreased endurance.
How to order
Products can be purchased online or in person from the Ten Moons clinic.
- Credit Card
- Cash on pick up
Australia wide shipping only (no international shipping).